- Support & Downloads
- Warranty Registration
- Where to buy
01 October 2022
BROTHER INTERNATIONAL (SINGAPORE) PTE LTD
We take our responsibilities under the Personal Data Protection Act (“the Act”) seriously. We also recognize the importance of the Personal Data you have entrusted to us and believe that it is our responsibility to properly manage, protect and process your Personal Data.
In this notice, “Personal Data” means any data about an individual who can be identified from that data, or from that data in combination with other information to which the organization may have access and includes the meaning otherwise as defined in the Act as amended from time to time.
IIf you, at any time, have any queries on this policy or any other queries in relation to how we may manage, protect and/or process your Personal Data, please do not hesitate to contact our Data Protection Officer (the “DPO”) at the contact details below.
Information we collect
We may collect and process Personal Data about you such as:
- Personal and business contact information, such as name, mailing address, phone number, and e-mail address that you provide through filling out forms or submit on this Website (including our chatbot or our “Contact us” tab), our service centres, and customer surveys
- In addition, we may request for the information like occupation, Age, and Sex
- Unique information such as user IDs and passwords
- Internet Protocol address of the computer you are using
- Details of products and services which you purchase from us or which you have inquired about, such as model, serial number, and dealer name
- Details of your visits to our Website, the activities you engage in when using the services made available via the Website and the resources that you access on or via the Website.
- Personal background information reasonably required for recruitment and administration of employees
- Your CCTV footage when you visit our on-site service centres or join us as an employee
We are dedicated to protect the quality and integrity of your Personal Data. For this we have adopted industry-standard security technologies, procedures and organizational measures, to protect your data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
We also encourage you to take precautions to protect your Personal Data from security breach. For example, where we have given you, or where you have chosen, a password to access certain parts of the Website or your registered user account, you should not share this password with others.
How we use your informationWe may use information held about you for the following purposes:
- To process, manage and administer your account for Brother membership and other services including online services
- To communicate with you about Brother products, services, programmes, and promotional offers that may be of interest to you
- To provide you with information about Brother products, services, and promotional offers via email, SMS, messenger apps, and advertisements on third-party platforms such as e-commerce and social media e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. upon your consent
- To administer your participation in contests, promotions, and surveys
- To process and respond to your requests, questions and complaints
- To consider you for employment if you submit a job application, and to administer our employees
- To analyse and utilize information on your online interactions with us (e.g. IP address) to customize the Website content in the most suitable manner for you
- To conduct research, analysis and development activities (including, but not limited to data analytics, surveys and/or profiling) to improve our Website and services
- To store, host and/or back up (whether for disaster recovery or otherwise) your Personal Data, whether within or outside Singapore
- To responding to legal process, pursuing legal rights and remedies, defending litigation and managing any complaints or claims
- To respond to requests for information from public and governmental/regulatory authorities, statutory boards, related companies and for audit, compliance, investigation and inspection purposes
- To comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request.
Disclosure of your information
Your Personal Data may be used, disclosed, maintained, accessed, processed and/or transferred to the following third parties, whether sited in Singapore or outside of Singapore, for the purposes set out above:
- Our Regional headquarter
- Third party service providers which require the processing of your data, for example, third party service providers which have been engaged by us to : (i) to provide and maintain any IT equipment used to store and access your Personal Data; (ii) to fulfil and deliver your orders of our Products (ii) to host and maintain this Website; or (iii) otherwise in connection with the provision of handling your technical enquiries provided to you on or via this Website.
- Our external auditors, tax and legal advisors.
- Public and governmental / regulatory authorities, statutory boards.
- Courts and other alternative dispute forums.
When it is necessary, we will enter or enter into contractual undertakings to ensure that the Personal Data which we collect from you and transfer to our service providers (whether or not located in Singapore) is adequately protected to a standard comparable to the protection under the Act.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the third parties maintain appropriate physical, technical and administrative security to help prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of your Personal Data.
In certain circumstances we may provide third parties (whether or not located in Singapore) with aggregate information about this Website's users. This may include information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is anonymised statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We will not use or disclose your information for any other purposes without your consent, unless we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of any person (including for example for the purposes of fraud detection and prevention).
Please rest assured that we never sell or rent your Personal Data.
Updating your information
Where you submit Personal Data to us, you should try to ensure such information is accurate, and let us know if such information changes so that we are not holding any inaccurate information about you. If you have registered an account for the Website, you can review and update your Personal Data yourself at any time by logging in to your account.
We will inform you (when collecting your data) and obtain your consent if we intend to use your Personal Data for purposes other than what we have informed you. You may withdraw your consent at a later date by contacting us by telephone at (65)6538 3998 / (65)6538 3998 or contacting the Data Protection Officer using the contact details provided below.
You may request us to provide you with a copy of the Personal Data we have about you and/or correct the Personal Data currently in our possession by writing to the Data Protection Officer using the contact details provided below. Please note that we may charge you a reasonable fee for the handling and processing of your requests to access your Personal Data.
Further information about protection of Personal Data and the Act